Submitted by Anthony Ramos
MLW returned to the Melrose Ballroom in Queens, New York on Thursday for their Never Say Never set of television tapings.
– Contra Unit laid out Ariel Dominguez & Jay Sky.
– Mance Warner defeated Ricky Martinez
– Low Ki defeated Jimmy Yuta
Low Ki won in about a minute with a KO elbow.
– Davey Boy Smith Jr. defeated Timothy Thatcher
This was an excellent matchup. Georgia Smith, Davey’s sister, came out to interview him after. Davey called out Alexander Hammerstone and said that his sister was dating Hammerstone and he was not happy.
– Ross & Marshall Von Erich defeated The Spirit Squad (Kenn Doane & Mike Mondo)
The Von Erichs answered The Spirit Squad’s open challenge. For some reason, the Von Erich music played through the whole match.
Contra Unit came out after and attacked the Von Erichs with help from a new member that spit mist on one of the Von Erich’s eyes.
– Injustice (Kotto Brazil, Myron Reed & Jordan Oliver) defeated Gringo Loco, Air Wolf & Zenshi
They had a great lucha match.
– Brian Pillman Jr. defeated Richard Holliday
– Bestia 666 defeated Rey Horus
There was then a Salina de la Renta segment with Konnan where Konnan gave de la Renta back her missing phone but said that he told Savio Vega that she was withholding a bonus paycheck from him. Vega came out and ripped up his contract with de la Renta
– MLW National Openweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone defeated Savio Vega to retain his title
MJF and Richard Holliday were at ringside and interfered a bunch
– Austin Aries defeated Ace Austin
They had a good match. After winning, Aries cut a promo and said that this was a new him and he’s coming for the Middleweight Championship. He mentioned that the last time he was at the Melrose Ballroom was controversial. Aries then got into it with a fan and they had a shoving match and had to be separated.
– MLW Middleweight Champion Teddy Hart defeated MJF to retain his title.
Hart won a crazy match when he jumped off the top rope and hit a Canadian Destroyer. Aria Blake had been thrown out from ringside prior to that. Queens absolutely loves Hart — he gets the biggest pop every time he’s here.
– MLW World Heavyweight Champion Jacob Fatu defeated Tom Lawlor to retain his title
Great match. Contra Unit attacked Lawlor after to add insult to injury. The Von Erichs attempted the save, but they were thwarted as it was four-on-three. Low Ki then made the save and sent Contra packing.
Lawlor and Low Ki, who feuded for months, had a staredown in the ring and shook hands to a roar from the crowd.
– Zenshi defeated El Hijo de LA Park
Zenshi won in a great lucha match.
– LA Park defeated Jimmy Havoc in a street fight
This was an absolutely wild street fight. De la Renta made Park and Havoc, who are both members of Promociones Dorado, shake hands after.
Mance Warner came out with a chainsaw while Park and Havoc were splitting up the dollars people were throwing in the ring and chased them away. Warner then did a victory lap around the arena, taking pictures with fans and drinking beers.
Before everyone left, Teddy Hart came out to thank everyone for coming out on a work night and said the boys in the back are appreciative that we support them and allow them to travel the world. The crowd doused him in “Teddy” chants, but he said he wanted to hear an MLW chant to end the night.