The July 23rd, 2018 edition of WWE RAW took place at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH, and is the latest stop on the road to SummerSlam.
– This week’s broadcast opens up with members of the RAW, SmackDown, NXT and 205 Live rosters standing on the stage. The camera pans to the ring and we see WWE Chairman Vince McMahon wearing a suit with a mic in his hand. Vince welcomes us to Monday Night RAW, and then he introduces Stephanie McMahon who will make a historic announcement. Stephanie McMahon walks down the ramp with Triple H and they get in the ring.
Stephanie and Triple H both get on the mic and say first that they want to take a moment to acknowledge the WWE superstars. Triple H says this is happening because of all of them and their dedication, passion, and sacrifice. Triple H tells the women of the roster to step forward, and they do. Triple H says the men standing behind them truly support them, and the WWE Universe supports them too, and says he is in awe of them. He says they are proud of the women, and he’s been watching with a tear in his eye at times. Stephanie says things happen in WWE because all of the fans deem it important. Stephanie talks about the #GiveDivasAChance revolutionizing their industry. Stephanie says they can have a platform to show that women can be anything they want to be. She announces that on October 8th there will be an event called Evolution, which will be the first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view.
The McMahons clap in the ring as the women celebrate the news on the ramp. We go to the broadcast team where Michael Cole reiterates the October 8th date and mentions it will be on the WWE Network. We go to break as everyone starts heading backstage.
– The B Team is backstage discussing who they most want to see on the all-women’s pay-per-view. Dallas says Axel is the brother he never had, and they’re going to go out there and show them that B stands for best. They take their Tag Title Belts and leave their locker room.
– Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt vs. The B Team (c): The B Team’s Tag Titles are on the line in this one. Wyatt beats down his brother Bo in the opening moments of this one. Axel runs in but Wyatt drops him, then Hardy comes in to help his partner. The B Team rolls outside the ring to regroup. Back in the ring, Axel starts to turn it around, but Hardy comes in and drops him then repeatedly slams his head against the corners. Hardy follows up with the Side Effect, and then he goes flying off the middle rope with an elbow. Hardy follows up with the Twist of Fate, but Bo breaks up the ramp. Bo throws Bray into Matt, and then Curtis rolls up Matt for the three count.
Winners & still Tag Team Champions: The B Team
– After the match, Matt applauds the winners, but then he hits a Twist of Fate and Bray hits the Sister Abigail. Hardy and Wyatt pose after leaving the Champions laying.
– We see O.A.R. sitting at ringside.
– Finn Balor and Chad Gable are backstage talking about the news of the all-womens pay-per-view, and they say it’s big news for everyone. Finn Balor notices people carrying his gear past him, and one of them says that Constable Corbin instructed them to move his gear to a new locker room. The new locker room is a doll house. Corbin walks over and says Balor is such a big star that he should have his own locker room. Balor says he’s always wanted his own Finn’s funhouse.
– We see Sasha Banks and Bayley watching the footage of them talking last week. Bayley says her and Sasha had a long talk, and their differences are what make their friendship so strong. Banks mentions the Evolution PPV, and Bayley says it was nice to hear how Sasha really feels about her last week. They walk off and say they’re going to take over the world together.
– Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Local enhancement talent: Bayley starts off and beats up one of the jobbers in the corner. Sasha tags in and hits the running double knees in the corner. The jobber starts fighting back and tags in her partner. Sasha comes back with a knee to the face, and then tags in Bayley. They do a double team splash, then Sasha tags back in. Bayley knees the jobber in the face and then Sasha locks in the Banks Statement for the win via submission.
Winners: Bayley & Sasha Banks
– After the match, Sasha and Bayley hug after the match and then we go back to the broadcast table.
– Elias is in the ring for a song, but he quickly gets interrupted by Braun Strowman. Strowman gets on the mic and mentions the news of the all-women pay-per-view, and says he’s especially looking forward to seeing Alexa Bliss. He mentions all the news surrounding Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, but Strowman doesn’t care who wins, because no matter who wins the Universal Title – they are gonna get these hands. Kevin Owens comes out to interrupt. Owens complains about Strowman trying to end his career and take everything from him, so now Owens is going to return the favor. Baron Corbin comes out to interrupt next and he takes some shots at Finn Balor’s height. Jinder Mahal comes out next and heads down to the ring with Sunil Singh. Jinder gets in the ring with Sunil, and Jinder says he wants to help Braun find inner peace. Jinder says Stephanie McMahon and Baron Corbin have appointed him to help Braun on his journey. Braun tells Sunil to come next to him and hold the mic. He asks Jinder and Sunil, and the rest of the WWE Universe, to close their eyes and repeat after him. Braun says “get these hands” over and over as Sunil and Jinder look concerned. Braun boots Jinder down and then throws Sunil into him. Braun picks up Sunil by the throat and then hits a running powerslam on him. Braun holds up his Money In The Bank briefcase up before leaving.
– Michael Cole introduces a replay of Stephanie McMahon’s announcement earlier in the night.
– We see a preview video for this week’s NXT featuring Black vs. Ciampa.
– The broadcast team introduces a replay of Ronda Rousey attacking Alexa Bliss last week.
– Mickie James vs. Natalya: Alexa Bliss is at ringside in Mickie’s corner. Natalya starts off strong but Mickie stuns her with an elbow to the face. Natalya comes back with a kick, but she gets distracte by Alexa on the apron and then Mickie drops her. Mickie continues the offense on Natalya, and works on keeping her grounded with a front face lock. Natalya fights back with a side leg sleep, then they trade slaps to the face. Natalya hits a vertical suplex and then spears Mickie in the corner. Natalya drops Mickie with a suplex and both women are down. Natalya hits a dropkick for a two count. Mickie kicks Natalya out to the apron, where Alexa hits a cheap shot behind the ref’s back. Natalya clotheslines Alexa down before getting back in the ring. Natalya gets back in the ring, and Mickie immediately kicks her in the face for the three count.
Winner: Mickie James
– Mickie checks on Alexa at ringside after the match and helps her to her feet.
– Roman Reigns does an interview in the back where he takes responsibility for his losses, but says his sights are set firmly on the Universal Title.
– Elias returns to the stage and gets back on his guitar. Elias starts to promote his new album, but then The Authors of Pain come out and head down to the ring.
– Titus Worldwide comes out and Titus tries to offer some friendly advice to the AoP. The Authors say the only thing Titus can teach them how to do is trip and fall down. Apollo gets on the mic and says Titus is a good person who was named father of the year. Crews tells the AoP to show Titus some respect. The Authors say they spoke too soon, and there is something Titus can do for them – walk away and retire. Titus and Crews attack the Authors and run them out of the ring.
– We go backstage where Kurt Angle is talking to Stephanie about the all-women’s pay-per-view. Corbin and Owens walk in and Owens talks about his suffering at the hands of Braun Strowman. Owens wants Strowman at SummerSlam on one condition: He gets the Money In The Bank contract if he win, no matter how Strowman loses, whether it’s DQ or count-out. Angle says it’s absurd, but Stephanie likes the idea and tells Owens it’s a match. Owens hugs Corbin as Kurt opens Stephanie’s limo door and lets her in.
– Mojo Rawley vs. Tyler Breeze: Mojo starts off strong and hits a big running shoulder block on Tyler off the ropes. Bobby Roode is shown watching backstage, and he cuts a brief promo on Mojo. Breeze starts to fight back but Mojo shuts him down with the Alabama slam for the three count after a short match.
Winner: Mojo Rawley
– We see a pre-taped promo from Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler, where McIntyre says he’s going to take advance of the opportunity to wipe the smile off Finn Balor’s face tonight.
– Elias comes out again, but is once again interrupted immediately, this time by Finn Balor.
– Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre: The opening bell sounds and Balor starts off throwing strikes at Drew. Drew drops him with a shot and then follows up with chops to the chest. Balor has a bad bruise on his left arm. Balor starts mounting a comeback, but Ziggler gets involved and it falls apart.
Winner via DQ: Finn Balor
– Seth Rollins comes out for the save, and then Ziggler and McIntyre are on the run. Kurt Angle comes out and makes this one a tag match, and that starts right now.
– Seth Rollins & Finn Balor vs. Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre: The opening bell sounds and Rollins starts off strong. Rollins hits a suicide dive on Ziggler on the outside as we go to commercial. Back in the ring, Rollins continues the offense on Ziggler. Drew and Balor gets the tag, and Balor turns things around. The fight spills out to ringside and Drew drops Balor across the ring barricade. Back in the ring, Balor fights back and Rollins finally gets the hot tag. Rollins clears the ring and then hits a springboard flying clothesline on Drew in the ring. Rollins ducks a big boot and comes back with a Blockbuster off the middle for a two count. Balor and Ziggler go at it until Rollins kicks Ziggler away. McIntyre comes back with a reverse Alabama slam on Rollins for a two count. Drew looks for a powerbomb but Rollins reverses and throws him outside. Rollins follows up with a curb stomp on Ziggler who is rolling in the ring, and he covers to steal the three count.
Winners: Seth Rollins & Finn Balor
– Bobby Lashley does an interview backstage about having to beat Roman Reigns again tonight. Lashley says he’s looking past Reigns to Lesnar, and he’s going to look right in Lesnar’s face and tell him he’s coming for him at SummerSlam.
– We see a pre-taped promo from Ember Moon talking about Liv Morgan and the Riott Squad.
– Ember Moon vs. Liv Morgan: Morgan comes out to the ring by herself. Ember starts off strong and runs Liv out to ringside. Back in the ring, Ember ducks a clothesline and fires back with a kick to the body. Moon misses a springboard moonsault and Morgan hits a kick to the head for a two count. Morgan continues the offense and tries to keep Ember down with a chin lock. Liv misses a clothesline and hits a facebuster for a two count. Liv starts to fight back but Moon shuts her down with the Eclipse for the three count.
Winner: Ember Moon
– Seth Rollins is backstage for an interview where he talks about the all-women’s pay-per-view and says he had a good meeting with Kurt. Rollins says he now has a match for SummerSlam against Dolph Ziggler for the IC Title.
– The broadcast team sends us to a video package looking at the history of the feud between Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, and their road to facing Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title.
– Elias is out to the stage again to promote his album, but he quickly gets interrupted by Kurt Angle. Angle says he’s not here to interrupt, but, he wanted to tell Elias the floor is his and he can do his song, because these people want to hear a song from his debut album. Kurt tells Elias the floor is his, and Elias thanks him. Elias says his music will heal your soul and he wants to give a shout out to O.A.R. sitting at ringside. Elias starts to sing, but then stops and trashes the crowd for being the grosses collection of humans he’s seen. Bobby Lashley makes his entrance and interrupts now to come out for his match.
– Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin; and Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre are announced for next week. Brock Lesnar is also advertised for next week’s show.
– Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns: The opening bell sounds and Reigns backs Lashley into the corner early on. They run the ropes and Reigns hits a flying clothesline, and then he knocks Lashley outside. They briefly fight around ringside before Reigns takes things back in the ring. Lashley fights back with some clothslines of his own and then he knocks Reigns outside, and Reigns takes a breather on the floor. Lashley goes outside and Reigns hits an uppercut on him, but Lashley fires back with a belly to belly overhead suplex on a floor. Back in the ring, Reigns tries to fight back but Lashley shuts him down with a spinebuster. Reigns gets to his feet and they trade punches, then they hit a double clothesline and both men are down. They fight on the apron and Reigns hits a leg drop for a two count. Reigns looks for the Superman punch, but Lashley dodges it and puts him in a Full Nelson hold. Lashley wrestles Reigns down to the mat but Reigns fights out. Reigns misses a shot and Lashley drops him, and Lashley measures up for a spear. Lashley misses and Reigns comes back with a kick for a two count. Reigns follows up with a Superman punch for another two count. Lashley rolls outside for a breather as Reigns stalks him around the ring. Reigns leaps off the ring steps for a Superman punch but misses. Lashley throws Reigns back in the ring and follows up with a big spear for the two count. Reigns comes back with a spear of his own and gets the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– Reigns will now be going to SummerSlam to face Brock Lesnar. Reigns and Lashley are both slow to get to their feet and they shake hands. Lashley walks off as Reigns celebrates in the ring. Lashley recovers on the stage and heads to the back as RAW goes off the air.